Monday, February 18, 2008

Update on Gary Shreck

I asked Gary to send me an email with an update of his health status and his progress. For those of you who've been wondering how he's doing, here you go:

Though I have no new information, some have suggested that it has been quite some time since an update so wanted to share with you. I am so thankful for so many prayers that have asked God to heal me which He has done. I have had the peg out for two months now and am doing well. I can swallow liquids, soft food, and expanding the things that I can eat. I take the supplement that I took by the tube by mouth now to keep my nourishment and weight at the appropriate level. I go to therapy 5 days a week and do exercises that they give me at home each day. My therapist says she is hoping that I will be eating regularly within a year. That sounds good after starting with "you may never swallow for the remainder of your life". The doctor is only seeing me every two months now and says my healing has been great. Did not require radiation or chemo. For what I had I am very blessed to be at this point now. Thank you so much for your concern and prayers.Therapy, doing my exercises, spending a great amount of time eating (because it is such an effort), and walking at the fitness center fill my day now that I retired. I am supervising student teachers and first year teachers for OU and UCO this semester. If the opportunity comes up, contact me. I still have time to work you in!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home